Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Periscope Linky

Hey everybody! Greetings from the extremely hot and humid state of Missouri. It's been a couple of really miserable summer days here. Add to that all the wonderful make up ball games and awards ceremonies we've had because of the rain (for what seemed like an entire month), and I am one very hot and crabby mom.

So, Periscope has kind of taken over the teaching world this past week. (Or the teachers have taken over Periscope, whichever you like better!) Sheila at www.sheilajaneteaching.com has organized this wonderful linky so that the #Periscope teachers can all hook up and be listed in one place! What an awesome idea!




I'm new to the blogging world so I'm definitely excited to be a part of this linky. I did my first Periscope on Sunday and told three interesting things about myself. I was absolutely terrified! Why is it so easy to stand in front of people and talk, but the idea of the camera just makes me freeze! I'm sure it will get easier the more I do it. One of the hardest things for me was to not watch and answer all the comments as they came in. I kept wanting to look down and read them! Note: Watching your Periscope back is extremely humbling! That's ok, though, we're all beginners at some point. Right?

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to use this in the classroom. I think the technology is wonderful but I'm a little concerned about the comments. I know that I can limit to only people I follow, so maybe that's the way to go. It would be a great way to share classes. Maybe have two classes in different areas read the same book and do a book talk together? I'm not sure yet, but I'm hoping I can work something out.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening and thanks again to Sheila for having this linky!


Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment