Friday, July 24, 2015

Social Media Lesson, Back to School Fair, and a Surprise in the Mail!

So, it took me way longer than I had hoped to finish, but it's finally done! Thanks to all those make up ball games and the boys making it to the championship game, I spent a lot of time at ball fields this past week and a half. I really think this lesson will be good for the students. They put so much stuff on social media and I don't think they realize how much! (My own children are in the same grades as some of these kiddos, so I've seen what all they post!) I included safety tips and settings for many of the popular apps and I put in some scenarios to talk about after the presentation. I also made bookmarks to remind them where to start on some of the apps for security! I included a short worksheet that could be done together or individually. I prefer to do them together so we can talk about what we learned. It's in my TPT store and half off ($2.50) until sometime tomorrow!


Today we went to the back to school fair our community has. I've never been to one of these before, but if your community does it you should definitely go. I felt bad at first because I was getting supplies for my kids that I wasn't paying for myself. However, the people were so nice and I saw so many people there. My kiddos came away with a lot of the things that they will need for school! Seriously, this was just one of my kiddos haul!


Last, I got an awesome surprise in the mail yesterday! Who doesn't like mail,right? Awhile back, I won a giveaway from Tallahassee Sunday on Instagram. I had mentioned that I would love to have one of their signs with a map or globe for my classroom. This is what I got yesterday.


It's adorable, right? If you're looking for something for your classroom, you should definitely check them out at https://www.etsy.com/shop/TallahasseeSunday. Look at all their amazing ideas on Instagram at tallahasseesunday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment